Support Worker - Nights Part-time
- Join a progressive and leading organisation
- Fixed term position until June 2018
- $19 to $23.50 per hour
The Laura Fergusson Trust Canterbury is an independent, not-for-profit community and residential rehabilitation service provider based in several properties in the Illam area. We specialise in providing rehabilitation services for younger people who have suffered acquired or traumatic brain injury. Laura Fergusson Trust also provides long term residential support for younger people with a variety of congenital and neurological diseases across different sites.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who wishes to join a progressive and leading organisation in this field. We invite you to join our team on a fixed term position covering maternity leave commencing immediately until early June 2018.
This is a night shift position for three nights a week including weekend nights, and there is potential to pick up extra casual shifts as they arrive. Our starting casual rate is $19 an hour.
We are looking for someone with the following abilities and skills:
- The ability to support people to achieve their goals
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with others
- The ability to provide personal care and support with empathy and compassion
- Good time management and personal organisation
- Must be competent in the use of information technology
- A valid work visa and 2 New Zealand work related references
This is a fun and rewarding role for the right person. If you wish to develop your people and caring skills in a supportive learning environment then we would be very interested to hear from you.