- 31.5 hours per week - part time
- Further develop your role while working sociable hours
The Laura Fergusson Trust Canterbury is an independent, not-for-profit, community and residential rehabilitation provider. Our residential service provides long term support for younger people with a variety of congenital and neurological conditions while seeking "ordinary life" opportunities for them.
We are looking for an experienced Chef who is interested in working in a fantastic modern working environment. As our Chef, you will need to be interested in being creative and making a difference in people's lives. You will be rewarded with an hourly rate of $20-$22 depending on qualifications/experience. This position also presents an opportunity to further develop your catering skills working as part of our Can Do Catering team.
While ensuring the kitchen runs effectively, you will create and supply nutritionally exciting and healthy meals to our residents. You will empower the kitchen team so they successfully contribute to the quality of service delivery of the organisation.
To achieve this you will need to:
- Work as part of a team in within the wider organisation
- Manage staff
- Adhere to the food safety programme
- Influence and design menus
- Manage and order kitchen stock
- Create and work within timeframes
- Plan for present and future needs
- Seek ongoing quality improvement
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following:
- 2 years' experience of catering to large groups
- Preferably a recognised food services qualification or be prepared to complete training in this
- Demonstrated effective time management
- Effective and empathetic communication