Permanent Full Time (75 hours a fortnight) and Permanent Part-Time (45 hours per fortnight) roles available
Due to increased bed capacity, we are seeking caring, kind-hearted Support Workers to assist our clients.
About the role
As a Support Worker based primarily at 279 Ilam road you will be responsible for the physical care and emotional support of our residents.
- Providing personal cares (showering, toileting, dressing, etc.)
- Encouraging independence where possible
- Supporting clients with recreational activities
- Supporting ordinary life opportunities
What we offer:
- Pay rate of between $20 and $25.50 per hour depending on your qualifications
- A four-week rotating roster that allows you to plan and achieve work-life balance
- Easy access to on-road parking
- On the job training is provided as well as the opportunity to further develop your career through study towards New Zealand Certificates in Health and Wellbeing
- A friendly team focussed work environment
- Able to communicate effectively
- Have a keen interest in helping others and be able to work in partnership with our clients
- Be able to maximise the independence of our clients whilst encouraging choice, initiation and participation inactivity
- Have the ability to demonstrate efficient time management and the ability to work autonomously and be part of a team
- Willing to work within the mission, vision and values of the organisation
Previous experience of support work and working with people with disabilities would be advantageous.
We are an independent, charitable organisation driven to help our clients achieve independence, inclusion and quality of life after a brain injury. Through a full continuum of assessment, rehabilitation and support services delivered when and where they're needed, our highly skilled interdisciplinary teamwork with our clients and their families/whanau to develop individualised strategies that equip them to find new pathways through life.
For more information about these roles please contact:
Melissa Counihan, Client Service Manager Residential on 03 351 6047